MEETINGS AND EVENTS
GAND hosts engaging speakers four to six times each year (September-May). We hope you'll become a member and join us for a variety of presentations from our engaging speakers (CEU's available). For the 2022-2023 year, our CPE presentations will be virtual via Zoom. In addition, we plan to host other in-person events including socials and community service to engage our community and help create a network and support system for our members!
- Thu, Feb 16RSVP to Receive the Zoom LinkCome learn about Improving Malnutrition Diagnosis and Documentation with guest speaker (+ GAND Member) Michelle Brown, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC. GAND members can attend for no charge. Non-members are welcome to attend for a small $10 fee. Pay in our membership tab. Pending 1.0 CEU.
- Thu, Feb 24Zoom; link to be provided after RSVPGuest speaker Carol Lewis, PhD, MPH, CPH is a licensed Psychologist and Clinical Associate Professor within the UF College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry. You must be a GAND member to attend for free. Non-members may attend for a $10 fee (which includes CPEU certificate).
- Wed, Jan 26Zoom; link will be emailedCome learn about combating nutrition misinformation with our guest speaker Andy De Santis, RD, MPH (@AndytheRD). You must be a GAND member to attend for no charge. We invite non-members to join GAND or pay a small $10 fee to attend this meeting. Visit eatrightgainesville.org for more information.
- Thu, Dec 09ZoomJoin us for our December meeting on Type 2 Diabetes: What's the Scientific Evidence for the Role of the Gut Microbiome? Presenters include Jennifer McManus RD, LDN and Orville Kolterman, MD from Pendulum Therapeutics. You must either be a GAND member or pay the non-GAND member fee to attend.
- Wed, Oct 27ZoomJoin us to learn more about "The Art of Negotiation" from Aaron Schwartz, MBA,MS, RD, LD. Pending 1.5 CPEUs. You must be a member to attend this meeting or join as a non-member for a small fee. For more information, view the Membership page.
- Mon, Sep 27via Zoom; link will be emailed after RSVPJoin us for a discussion with guest panelists Naudia Jones and June Thompson, members of the Diversify Dietetics community. All RDs, NDTRs, and students are welcome to join our September kick-off meeting! Join GAND to attend all subsequent meetings. The event is pending 1.5 CPEUs.