MEETINGS AND EVENTS
GAND hosts engaging speakers four to six times each year (September-May). We hope you'll become a member and join us for a delicious presentations from our engaging speakers (CEU's available). For Fall 2021, our CPE presentations will be virtual via Zoom. In addition, we plan to host other events including socials and community service to engage our community and help create a network and support system for our members!
- Thu, Feb 24Zoom; link to be provided after RSVPGuest speaker Carol Lewis, PhD, MPH, CPH is a licensed Psychologist and Clinical Associate Professor within the UF College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry. You must be a GAND member to attend for free. Non-members may attend for a $10 fee (which includes CPEU certificate).
- Wed, Jan 26Zoom; link will be emailedCome learn about combating nutrition misinformation with our guest speaker Andy De Santis, RD, MPH (@AndytheRD). You must be a GAND member to attend for no charge. We invite non-members to join GAND or pay a small $10 fee to attend this meeting. Visit eatrightgainesville.org for more information.
- Thu, Dec 09ZoomJoin us for our December meeting on Type 2 Diabetes: What's the Scientific Evidence for the Role of the Gut Microbiome? Presenters include Jennifer McManus RD, LDN and Orville Kolterman, MD from Pendulum Therapeutics. You must either be a GAND member or pay the non-GAND member fee to attend.
- Wed, Oct 27ZoomJoin us to learn more about "The Art of Negotiation" from Aaron Schwartz, MBA,MS, RD, LD. Pending 1.5 CPEUs. You must be a member to attend this meeting or join as a non-member for a small fee. For more information, view the Membership page.
- Mon, Sep 27via Zoom; link will be emailed after RSVPJoin us for a discussion with guest panelists Naudia Jones and June Thompson, members of the Diversify Dietetics community. All RDs, NDTRs, and students are welcome to join our September kick-off meeting! Join GAND to attend all subsequent meetings. The event is pending 1.5 CPEUs.